Monday 25 June 2012

James Patterson Answers Q and A on 'Nevermore' and gives a Movie Update

Here is a link (because its rather long) to where James Patterson has answered questions on the last book in the Maximum Ride Series, 'Nevermore'.

(LINK)

However I will pul out two excerpts from the interview. The first pertaining to the movie and the second to the ending of nevermore.


Q. Do you really enjoy hearing from fans and listening to them debate about aspects like whether Max should end up with Fang or Dylan?
A. I love it. They're involved, and when you get kids making videos, they are involved. I'm sure also that, as much as I think it's a good ending, some kids are going to be going, "That's not what I wanted to happen!" because they get so deeply into it. One of the nice things about books as opposed to television and movies to some extent is it's not a passive entertainment. People really do get involved and they do create and they do have their own visions of what different characters look like and what should happen. It's great — it means their brains are working.

I also think we're closer to the movie than we've been. I never know for sure in Hollywood, but it's definitely warm now.
Q. Do you have any new updates on a film adaptation?
A. I'm very hopeful as opposed to mildly depressed. [Laughs]



All I'm thinking right now is that I had better not be "one of those kids going 'thats not what I wanted to happen'". Don't say I did not warm you James Patterson *Brandishes Pitch-Fork Menacingly*

Posted by Rapunzel

No comments:

Post a Comment