Sunday 8 January 2012

Cassandra Clare talks of a new Shadowhunter series

Recently rumours have been spreading that Cassandra Clare is planning to write a new shadowhunter series and while there is nothing solid yet this is what she has had to say on their development so far...


"Okay, a quick recap. I have a plan for another Shadowhunter trilogy (contemporary, but not about the characters from TMI). Working title: The Dark Artifices. It takes place five years after the end of TMI (ie in 2012) and deals with the Shadowhunters of the Los Angeles Institute. There is a tangential connection to the characters of TMI but they are not main characters. The main characters are teens (meaning that during the events of TMI they’d be 11, 12 years old.) The main female protagonist’s name is Emma, the main male protagonist’s name is Julian. They are both Shadowhunters. They both have always known they are Shadowhunters. There is love, magic, romantic confusion, etc. and so on. I have not sold these books; I haven’t written any of them, I won’t until I’m done with what I’m writing now. So I don’t have a pub date beyond “after CoHF.” 
As it’s set 5 years after the end of CoHF it is reasonable to assume that surviving characters from TMI will make cameos. They will be in their early twenties so you’ll get to see what they’re up to in their more adult lives…we would see where they are in life, where their relationships are, how they’re moving into their positions of power in the Clave, etc.
Also, if you are curious about the characters from TDA, look out for characters either in or mentioned in CoLS and CoHF who might be 11, 12, 13 years old. (As five years later, they will be sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen.)
Now, this is all speculation. I do enjoy writing in the world of the Shadowhunters and I think there are infinite stories to tell in it. I also think that there are stories I would like to tell that are not necessarily about Shadowhunters. It is just a matter of what order I write what in."


She has also said that these will be the names of the character in this story...


"Emma, Julian, Mark, Helen, Carmen, Olivia, Tiberius, Arthur — a few others. It’s a big family."

Posted by Rapunzel

No comments:

Post a Comment